Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Living In My mother's Basement: Week 2 finding things to do


Now that I have got some things settled in here at home, such as where I sleep and where to place my shower supplies, I now must move on to more pressing matters such as what to do with my life.

You may be wondering, what does someone do that lives in their mother's basement and does not have a job? Well I will tell you, first of all I try to wake up at a decent time each morning. I set my alarm between 7:45 and 8:15 depending on how tired I am the night before. I also look for jobs, I had a job interview on Monday and each day I look for and apply for jobs online, ask around, etc. I never find much, but at least I don't feel quite so inadequate, or lazy, or retarded.

This week, the first thing that I did was obtain a gym membership at the SportsPlex in Kaysville. I now have a new appreciation for exercise mommas, I attended a sports conditioning class thinking there might be some men there to workout with, but that was not the case. All women, all over 30 and some over 50, and the workout was the toughest that I have done in years. I was sore from all the squats and steps the instructor made us do, she was an animal. I may attend her class again this upcoming week, but I must admit I am scared of her. I was wanting to attend the Zumba class the next day because surely it would be more fun than sports conditioning. As I walked by the aerobics room to see how it was, all I saw was a sea of older ladies shaking it like nobody's business. Needless to say, I won't be doing Zumba anytime soon.

The second thing that I did was obtain a library card. As of now, reading and exercise are what is going to keep me going each day. I guess that I will become smarter and stronger, OH YA! I will just be socially inept.

I am trying to improve my social life though. It is an interesting process really. My new ward seems nice, there are so many people in the ward that it is hard to process who to talk too. I just try to say hi to whoever, and to learn names. Yesterday i met a girl who's name is Ishlah. Why? I have no idea other than that her parents are something of a special sort. Institute felt like I was back in high school, I will keep going although it kinda creeps me out. Frisbee in Bountiful was fun, that should give me something to look forward to each week. My new rule in life is, even if an activity is strange or socially awkward i will still do it because it is still better than being in the basement. One day I hope to change that rule.

My mother has been kind to me this week. After she told me to keep the toilet seat down and to use the right towels once again, I decided to show her my blog that I had posted two days previous. She is now trying to not do anything weird to get herself into this blog again. One new thing that I learned from her this week is that I must wash the lid of a can before I take it off or else the dirt will get into the food. I will do my best!

After living in the basement for a week I can say that it is not too bad, kinda sad, but not too bad. I think that I can handle it for now. I know that I become stranger and stranger each day but I am not crazy yet. Always look on the bright side! Peace out!

Poll results say that I must find a date. So that I will do. maybe

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you've joined a gym and got a library card. Zumba sounds like an adventure! I think you should attend. You never know, maybe some of these ladies that shake it so well have daughters that they'll set you up with! I hope that you come up to Logan sometime soon! We're going to do Mow Crew dinner on Thursday. We'll start football next week. I'm really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on finding a date-it was fun! Bailee

    ReplyDelete