Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Living In My Mother's Basement: Week 3 Family, Friends, and Dogs





I have now settled into the basement, found some things to do to occupy my time, and can now begin to focus on new adventures that come along each day. One of the adventures that I get to experience is that of being around my family more. For example, this past week I was able to spend time with my brother Chris's family on three different occasions. I was able to roast marshmallows with my nieces and nephew(Okay we attempted to roast marshmallows, but because the fire essentially died we merely just warmed the mellows)and then yesterday I attended Jackson's soccer game. The girls and I gathered under the tent umbrella while watching Jack dance, lift up his shirt to check out his belly, hike up his shorts to show his underwear, and score a goal with the assistance of his hands.

This week I also had the chance to go to another aerobics class but this time with my sister and brother-in-law. Yes I was not the only male! It was a different class from the one that I attended last week but with the same instructor, I call her sergeant. It was a muscle fusion class and so the next day I was sore, as I am sure my sister and brother-in-law were as well. Today my sister's family came over for dinner. My niece Kirra said to me "you are funny" and then later asked "are you a boy?" At least she did not ask if I was a girl. Kirra is also in the process of getting potty trained, today while she was over she went pee three times. After each time Kirra successfully used the potty, she did a two-minute victory dance that was a fun sight to behold.

The nice thing about being around family is that they make me feel extra special. My mother's opinion about me getting a job and finding a wife is that I am the most awesome person ever and that if a job does not want me or if a girl does not want to date me then they are just crazy! I am sure that your mother's say the same type of things about you, but it is still nice to hear and for you it is probably true. For some reason my family just seems to love me no matter what. I especially like when nieces and nephews say nice things to me. The other day Jackson grabbed my arm and said, "you are tough Jason." See! My working out with the sergeant is paying off.

My dogs also make me feel special, of course dogs make plunders and murderers feel special, but still. Reggie is the male dominant dog, he always wants to play ball, is deathly afraid of kids, and has to wear a diaper around the house(that is my mom's fix for his piddle problem). Lexi is the smaller female who is obsessed with licking and she no longer plays fetch because she is afraid Reggie will run her over, which he does. They always want cuddles and endlessly seek after them.

I also enjoy being close in proximity to some of my good friends once again and to be able to play sports with them and talk to them on a more regular basis. It is amazing how as time goes by the close friends are still there, even if you do not talk to them for a year at a time. Who knows maybe that will disappear one day, but I doubt it. After being here for two weeks, I have discovered that being home can be a good thing. Who would of thought?! Making this confession I am not saying that I like living in my mother's basement, but you know maybe it is not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment