Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Living in my Mother's Basement: Wk 7 Off the wall Madness

This is my "winning" nature shot.  It adds color to the blog.
Hello Hello Hello!   I have a couple of stories to share with you this week.  I will start with the story I title, "My Dogs Are Messing With Me."  I have two dogs named Reggie and Lexi, they are Little Schnauzers( the annoying variety).  On occasion, the two of them are also known to pee around the house (I just have to throw that out there).  A week and a half ago I kept waking up during the night and smelling a horrible smell.  I was too tired to do anything about it and I figured that it was probably just my arm pit smell finally seeping into the sheets.  So the next morning after waking up I decided to wash the sheets, when I pulled the sheets off I saw a yellow stain that was big and round and  right where my head laid the entire night before.  At first, I was scared that maybe I had wet the bed during the night but then I decided that the pee stain was to high up the bed for me to have done it.  So I then proceeded to wash my sheets and shampoo the mattress to get rid of the wretched smell.

A few days ago I get up, go upstairs, and eat breakfast and read my scriptures, I then went back to my room to grab my gym clothes, upon entering my room the first thing I notice is a big pee stain in the middle of my bed.  It got me wondering if i had developed an embarrassing  problem.  I proceeded to check myself to see if I was wet, luckily I was dry.  I suppose that was a good sign.  The thing about it is that when I went upstairs my dogs were both on the couch and when I came back downstairs they were both still there looking as if they had never moved.  They are so soo sneaky.  I know they did it though, probably the both of them with the size of stain they left.  So I had to go and clean all my sheets once again.  It was Great!  Every morning now I wake up nervous and check the bed. Dang Dogs!

Story number two is shorter.  A couple of nights ago I was downstairs working on something with my headphones on.  All of a sudden I heard a noise that sounded like the doorbell.  So I went upstairs to check the door and sure enough someone was at the door.  It was like 9:45 PM and dark outside and both my mom and I were quite conflicted as to who might be at the door.  The person at the door was an old man.  He said he was 75 and then proceed to show me a kitchen knife.  The knife looked decent, it was a smaller sandwich cutting knife like they use at subway.  He said that the knife was Swiss army made, but I am skeptical about that.  He offered the knife for $10.  Whenever I would speak to him he would turn his ear and say,"speak up I have bad ears I am an old man."   I felt bad for the man and would have bought a knife but I honestly did not have $10 on me and I would have asked my mom if she wanted a knife but I knew that she would much rather just get the old man off the porch.  So I took his phone number and name.  For anyone interested in a very nice $10 somewhat iffy kitchen knife with lots of potential, please call Stan at 801-403-7103.  I am sure that he would appreciate it.

Okay so I really have a third story which involves my mother.  The other day I was with a friend at which time I received a text from my mom which read, "is all well? " I then replied "yep, all is well."  The next morning when I talked to my mom, she gave me an explanation for the text.  Apparently, knowing that my friend and I were going out to the wildlife refuge, she began to worry that we might get robbed or shot.  So, the caring mother she is she sent a text message to make sure I survived my visit to the wildlife refuge area.  I guess a couple had been shot at a lake recently and she thought that my friend and I might be next.  It is nice to have a mother. 

Today is Fathers Day, I think of my father often but I have not so much today.  I have actually thought more about my brothers for some reason.  I have two great older brothers who happen to also be great fathers!  If I can become close to what they are someday I would be very pleased with myself.  I am amazed at there patience, work ethic, and kindness.  I hope that they feel appreciated and know how cool they are.

I recently changed up my blog appearance.  I do not like it quite yet and so I will probably change it again.  I am not much of a designer.  I need to find a Utah Jazz background or something.  Anyways, friends you are great!  I am very lucky when it comes to having friends!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you haven't developed a bed wetting problem and I think you were more likely to have been stabbed by that old man on your door step than at the wildlife refuge. Oh, and the old many probably used that knife to kill his wife and needed to get rid of the evidence so he was going door to door trying to sell it. I think I've seen too much Law and Order...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to start closing your bedroom door to keep those dang dogs out. I try to keep Flint out by closing my door but he is too smart now and can open doors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I close my door now, except for the one time I forget the dog gets in there and does what she does best.

    ReplyDelete