Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Living in my Mother's Basement: Wk 8 I am blue with some white and I like yellow depending



I am a bit stuck these days as to what I can write about in my blog.  What can I write that will be entertaining? What can I write that will interest the reader?  What are the important things to focus on?   What really makes this all difficult is my inability to remember much of what has happened in my life the past week or whatever time has past.  My memory is not the best, I need to eat more vegetables or something I guess. 

I am not sure if anyone wants to hear about love but I am going to let you know about my love of sports.  You might be wondering about my girlfriends and one night stands  but I tend to leave girls out of the blog more for their sake than anything. I Jason Neering am addicted to sports.  This past weekend, I went to Denver to visit my brother and his family and see Braxton, my oldest nephew, get ordained into the Aaronic Priesthood.  I enjoyed the trip and time spent with the family but I had a hard time not knowing what was happening in the sports world.  Even though I do not have ESPN at home, it was hard to be without the internet and local sports for the 4 days I was in Denver.  I felt like I needed to eat chocolate to suppress the anxiety and I did and lots of it.  I must say though that I enjoy my addiction to sports and because of that I will probably fail at any attempts to overcome my addiction.  While in Denver I did get a chance to play some sports.  I played tennis with my older brothers and enjoyed beating them at that.  Stephen really wanted to score a point on me but try as he did he just couldn't do it.  Next year I guess.   I also got a good workout jumping each of my nieces and nephews on the trampoline while getting sprayed with water and whatever else they could use to harrass me.

This past weekend in Denver I discovered what my nephews and nieces really think of me.  Abby told me that I am more like an older brother than an uncle.  My other nephew Daniel thinks I am more like his friend slave than an uncle.  and as for the rest of them, they think that I am incapable since I am still not married.  and they are never shy to let me know it.  It is good to have a family especially one that possesses many nieces and nephews that say it how it is such as I have.

Recently I acquired a CD that talks about personality colors.  I discovered that I am mostly blue with some white.   Being Blue means that I am purposeful and desire intimacy, if I cannot connect with you then why talk to you.  I am picky about those who I choose to get close to.  I also care and have a strong sense of responsibility.  I  am a tough competitor and am strongly loyal and put an importance on commitments. I have a strong sense of moral integrity.  I am emotional and have a hard time forgiving others, I hold grudges.  I am self-righteous and am too serious and I like security.   I  know now that it isn't my fault that I can't stands Reds, I was just born that way.  Reds are selfish and arrogant and very logical.  If something is not to their advantage then they don't do it.  It is hard for me to understand how they put reason and things that are to their advantage over caring for other people or hurting feelings.  I am attracted to yellows apparently,  yellows are the happy people who thrive off of doing what brings them the most excitement.  yellows are less reliable though and a bit off the wall all the time and have a hard time keeping commitments.  I am actually attracted to yellows but they drive me nuts at the same time.  I have never dated a red, I wonder what that is like?  I can see fireworks there.  Blue people have unrealistic expectations for themselves and others.  Whites are the quiet peace lovers who don't seek attention.  I have white in me, I was probably born white but now have become more blue.  Red and Yellows are foreign to me.    Now you all know who I am, don't judge me!
 
A few days ago the bishopric came over to visit my widow mother.  My home ward bishop is African American and as they conversed my mother told them about a job that I had in the past and she said that they worked me like a slave.  After saying slave my mother became very nervous and awkward thinking that she may have offended the bishop. Also, my mother seemed to handle the idea that my brother would not let her help drive to Denver because he thinks her driving is scary.  I am also grateful that my brother would not let my mother drive. 

On an ending note, as I was driving through Wyoming on my way to Denver I decided that Wyoming is not as ugly as it seems.  I was able to find beauty and interesting objects to look at as I drove through the flat dirt land.  Because of this, I have decided that you can find beauty in anything.  So when you look at yourself in the mirror, think to yourself "I am beautiful surely more beautiful than Wyoming." 

1 comment:

  1. You're funny. I'm gonna tell myself every morning that I'm more beautiful than Wyoming, whether it's really true or not.

    I haven't taken the color test in a while but last time I took it I was totally a blue. Sometimes I feel like I have more yellow in me now than I used to but from your description of the blues, I'm pretty sure blue is still my dominating color.

    ReplyDelete